To Produce valuable patriotic citizens of future India
News and Events
Autonomous Semester Examinations Time Table - April - 2023
Golden Jubilee Celebration
Fee Remittance for April - 2023
Student Development Programme
Law and Order and Social Security Awareness
Students Enchancement Program
Aided Time Table - November - 2022
SF Time Table - November - 2022
Fee Remittance for Nov - 2022
Supplementary UG and PG Time Table - August - 2022
- Candidates for admission to U.G/ P.G Degree course must have passed the Plus Two Examination or other University with appropriate optional or some other equivalent examination recognized by the Bharathiar University or Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu.
- Each candidate during admission must produce
- The prescribed Transfer Certificate from the school or college last attended which should set forth
- The same of the student in full.
- The date of birth as entered in the admission register.
- The date of admission and the date of leaving the institution.
- The class studied at the time of leaving it.
- the subjects or portions of their study.
- whether qualified for promotion to higher class.
- Whether all fees or other dues to that institution had been paid.
- Reason for leaving that institution.
- Certificate of Conduct.
- Medical Certificate.
- The prescribed Transfer Certificate from the school or college last attended which should set forth
- Number of student who is granted admission shall claim a seat in the college unless the full semester fee is paid on the date mentioned in the admission slip. Students joining the college at the beginning of a semester but withdrawing thereafter will forfeit the fee paid.
- A student who has paid all dues to the college is entitled to receive. Transfer Certificate at the end of the academic year, provided the progress and conduct have been satisfactory No Transfer certificate will be issued to a student who has not attended classes on any of the first working day of any of the semesters without the payment of the semester fee of the semester whichever the Principal deems to fit to demand.
- A student admitted into the college shall be required to undergo medical inspection in the first semester of the first year Degree courses
- A fee of Rupee one will be charged for issue of a duplicate Transfer of Attendance Certificate and Rs.1 will be charged for an Original Transfer of Attendance Certificate after the lapse of a year the students had left the college. A fine of Rupee one will be charged for supplying date of birth certificate or any other information as registered in the College records.
- A student who leaves the College without getting permission from the Principal before completing the course is asked to come through proper channel to get certificate of conduct.
- Click here to view details
Selection Committee for UG and PG Courses:
The Selection Committee shall consist of the Principal, and two senior most Assistant Professors / Associate Professors of the College. In addition, for selection to the UG courses, the senior most member of the teaching staff belonging to SC/ST of the college, if available, shall be co-opted for the UG selection committee shall also serve in the Post graduate selection committee.
Issue of Application Forms for UG Courses:
Application forms for admission may be issued before 5 days from the date of publication/internet-website of results of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu (Thereafter referred to as the Plus Two Examination). The last date for the issue of Application Forms may be fixed at the discretion of the Principal. But in general, it should not be earlier to the last date fixed for the receipt of completed Application Forms.
Last date for the receipt of completed Applications for UG Courses:
Last date for receipt of filled in applications by the Colleges should be fixed as the tenth day from the date of publication of Plus Two Examination result in website. Applications from other streams/Private candidates may be entertained after the due date in the event of their results or issue of mark sheets is on a date later than that of regular Plus Two Candidates. The Principals shall fix the last date for them suitably.
Filled in Application should reach the college within 10 days from the plus two results published in the internet.
- Rank list prepared based on the marks obtained by the students in the subject component out of total 800 marks under Part III in Higher Secondary examination. Eligibility of students for admission to UG Courses in the colleges shall be as per the guidelines fixed by the Universities concerned. Admission of seats for each course with different streams ( 80% Academic / 20% Vocational) and also Admission of seats among students who have studied different subject in the Higher Secondary(+2), shall be made as per the existing norms.
- Counseling is conducted between 15th and 20th days of the publications of plus two results in Internet. Applications for admission may be received even after the last date fixed for receipt of applications. Such applications shall be registered as LATE APPLICATIONS and considered only after all the applications received in time.
Rule of Reservation:
The admission shall be made purely on the basis of Merit subject to the rule of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- 31% for Open Competition (OC).
- 30% for Backward Classes (BC) within this 3.5% is earn marked for Muslims.
- 20% for Most Backward classes (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC).
- In the 18% for Scheduled Castes (SC), 3% of seats offered to Arunthathiyars (within the seats reserved for SC).
- 1% for Scheduled Tribes (ST)
Admission of Women students in Co-educational and Men's Colleges
Since the college was as a Co-educational institution, any number of women students may be admitted to each course on the basis of the common rank list prepared for both men, women and transgender applicants.
Withdrawal of Admission
A student who leaves the College without getting permission of the Principal before completing the course will receive no certificate of conduct.
Rules of Attendance
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each period.
- No Student will be allowed to absent from the College without submitting leave letter.
- A student who wants leave should apply to the staff member in charge of attendance in the prescribed application form. However absence with leave application will not exempt him from rule 8 mentioned herein.
- In case where absence is due to unforeseen causes, the application should be submitted as soon as possible and in no case later than the first day of the student’s return to the College.
- In case of illness extending to more than three days the Principal may require the production of a production of a medical certificate. The medical certificate thus produced will not be exempted him from rule 8.
- A student who absents himself from the class during any hour of the day either in the forenoon (or) in the afternoon with (or) without leave will be considered as having been absent with (or) without leave for half a day.
- A Student who absents himself with (or) without leave during both the forenoon and the afternoon sessions of a day will be considered to have been absent with (or) without leave for the whole day.
- The annual certificate of attendance required for admission to the University examination will no case be granted unless (i) the student’s progress and conduct have been satisfactory and (ii) the student has attended at least three fourths of the total number of working days in the academic year.
- A minimum attendance of 90% out of total working days of the college in necessary to receive the scholarship.
- He / She has to re-do the semester again, in which he / She fails to secure above 50% of attendance of the total working days of the semester.
- No candidate shall be granted the annual certificate of attendance required by the University unless he has put in at least 75 percent of the attendance in Physical Training classes conducted by the college unless exempted otherwise on medical ground.
- Application for leave from student residing in the hostel should be countersigned by the Deputy Warden.
Tamilnadu Government Gazette Extraordinary
The following Act of the Tamilnadu Legislative Assembly received the assent of the Governor of the 14th February 1997 and is hereby published for general information.
Excerpts from ACT NO.7 PF 1997
An Act to prohibit ragging in educational institutions in the State of Tamilnadu. Be it enacted by the Legislative assembly of the State of Tamilnadu in the Forty eighth year of Republic India as follows.
Shorts Title, Extend Commencement
- This Act may be called the Tamilnadu Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997.
- It extends to the whole of the State Tamilnadu.
- It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 19th day of December 1996.
In this Act unless the context otherwise requires, “ragging” means display of noisy, disorderly conduct doing any act which causes (or) is likely to cause physical (or) psychological harm (or) raisiei apprehension of fear (or) embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes a) teasing, abusing of playing jokes on, causing hurt to such student (or) b) asking the students to do any act (or) perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do.
Prohibition of Ragging
Ragging with (or) outside educational institution is prohibited.
Penality of Ragging
Whoever directly (or) indirectly commits, participates in abets (or) prorogates “ragging” within (or) outside the educational Institution, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to Ten thousand rupees.
Dismissal of Students
Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such students shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
Suspension of Student
- Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, whenever any student complains of ragging to the Head of an Educational Institution, (or) to any other person responsible for the management of the educational institution he / she inquire into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offence, from the educational institution.
- The decision of the Head of Educational Institution (or) the person responsible for the management of the Educational Institution that any student has indulged in ragging under sub-section (1) shall be final.
If the Head of the educational institution (or) the person responsible for the management of the educational institution fails (or) neglects to take action in the manner specified in subsection (1) of section 6 when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence of ragging and shall be punished as provided for in Section 4.